Why a Retail SIG?
Firstly the Special Interest Group covers not only Retail, but also includes Consumer Products (especially FMCG). Retailers need to know what concerns their suppliers and suppliers need to know the issues facing the retailer.
Secondly, the Retail (or in fact the entire consumer space) has very different issues to many of the other business areas covered by AFSUG, and so this group was established, not only for networking but to keep the members updated strategically on the happenings industry.
What is the purpose of the Retail Special Interest Group?
The Retail SIG provides opportunities to network, share knowledge and receive independent views. We aim to provide a positive, open, and collaborative forum for the discussion and exchange of knowledge / ideas relating to SAP Retail and Consumer Products solutions and broader industry subjects
SIG meetings are the focal point of the group and are typically held two or three times per year. These sessions offer you the opportunity to meet an array of people at differing stages of IT maturity and company size – from the largest retailers through to family owned businesses. We think this provides Members with a great opportunity to improve their knowledge and understanding of SAP by learning from the experiences of others. The members drive these events, agendas and the management of the group by participating in the management committee.
Typically agenda items include:
- Presentations: We want customers to share their experiences as well as other specialist topic presentations from SAP or other partners are included on an ad-hoc basis. Priority is given to members talking about their projects and new developments they have implemented – whether SAP or not.
- Roadmap, Go To Market and Product Development Updates from SAP: Information about solution design, new functionality implementation information and version applicability. This represents a good opportunity to keep up to speed with the latest developments with the product and interact with industry and solution experts from SAP.
- Industry Happenings – When appropriate, Industry representatives and commentators are brought in to update members
- Open Forum discussions: The SIG group has evolved into a very useful forum where members can share ideas and solutions, as well as supporting each other with general queries about the use and configuration of the SAP solutions.
- Q&A Sessions: We have run a number of specialist sessions where an expert panel is put together to deal with group interest in specific areas. e.g. Cloud Solutions versus On Premise etc.